Looking for variety and challenge based in Gisborne?
Being a Health and Disability Advocate means daily contact with members of the public and health and disability service providers who you will educate on the Code of Health and Disability Services Consumers’ Rights and assist to resolve complaints about the quality of care provided.
This position is part time 25 hours a week based in our Gisborne office and will service the wider Tairawhiti area as required. The days of work are Monday to Friday 5 hours per day.
Our ideal Candidate will have:
- Proven experience in resolving complaints between the parties
- Demonstrate exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Possess a calm professional approach in activities associated with work
- Show exceptional organisational and time management skills
- Be able to work alone and as part of a regional and national team
- Have the ability to engage and build community links
- Be a confident educator
- Hold a clean, current driver’s licence and have their own vehicle to use for work travel
- Enjoy the occasional night away from home for professional development/training.
To be considered for this role, you must have the legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
What you get:
- Fast paced and varied work
- A genuinely supportive work environment
- Room to grow and learn
- To be part of a great team
- 25 hours per week of satisfaction
If this sounds like the position for you then send your handwritten cover letter and cv resume with the names of three referees (one must be your current manager) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 12 noon on Monday 29 July 2019.
Position descriptions are available on request via email as above.
Previous applicants need not apply.